I’m honoured, excited and privileged to announce that I’ve been selected as a Jupiter’s Traveller for the Ted Simon Foundation.
The Ted Simon Foundation – Travel with Purpose
The Ted Simon Foundation encourages those who adventure into the world to go the extra mile and transform their experiences into something of value for the world to share.
To learn more check out this link The Ted Simon Foundation
What’s a Jupiter’s Traveller?
Jupiter’s Travellers are people who seek to understand the beauties, mysteries and tragedies of our world, and their place in it, through personal adventure. They are inspired and motivated to develop their observations and insights into something of value for the rest of the world to share, whatever their medium of expression might be.
To learn more check out this link Jupiter’s Travellers
Why Me? – A Journey with a Purpose
From the start of my current project I felt this expedition would be a journey with a purpose. A challenge beyond anything I had done before. So when I heard out about the Ted Simon Foundation and its aspirations, they resonated strongly with me. They have a lot of similarities with my own vision and goals for The Great Game Expedition. So I decided to apply.
Now I’m incredibly excited about working with a great team of people as I continue to share my adventures.
I encourage you all to take a little time out and find out more about the foundation. Maybe you might even want to support the foundation through Jupiter’s Companions
Jon / Big O
Here is a reminder of my vision and goals.
To explore present day Central Asia along the former Silk Road routes, retracing the steps of the players and the historical events of The Great Game. Through the interaction with the local people, cultures and landscape, the aim is to compare and contrast the historical version with modern-day Central Asia.
- To have the adventure of a lifetime
- To explore the countries of the Central Asia
- To meet the local people and make new friends
- To raise awareness of the current situation in Central Asia by sharing the events of the journey, and attempting to bring to life the story of The Great Game and its relevance to its modern-day successor
- Through the mediums of film, photography, and words to capture and share the journey via social media channels
- To produce a documentary / adventure travel film of the journey